Tuesday, December 26, 2017

In Memory of Kim Jonghyun (1990-2017)

This is a design I never thought I would have to paint, but it's one that is extremely important to me. Jonghyun was, in every aspect of the word, an inspiration and he will be dearly, dearly missed.









I woke up on the 18th and was immediately hit with a sense of disbelief the second I checked the news. With my hands literally shaking, I called my a close friend and sat on the phone with her for 20 minutes while we tried to come to terms with the fact that Jonghyun is gone. It's been hard. I cried on and off that day and the tears have kept coming whenever I hear or read something particularly sentimental. But I know that the devastation that I'm feeling can't even hold a candle to what Jonghyun's family, friends, and coworkers are going through right now. Jonghyun was an inspiration, a beautiful person inside and out. He was a talented musician, one whose music will leave a lasting impression on both the music industry and on all of our hearts. I would like to extend my sincerest love and condolences to Jonghyun's family and friends at this time. To Jonghyun, my heart aches for you and the pain you must have been dealing with all these years. I hope you have found peace, and you will always have a place in my heart. You did well, you worked hard.

너무 수고했어, 종현아. 💔🌹



xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment