Saturday, November 11, 2017

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary

I got a new pendant for my birthday this year and I thought it would make a cute, fall nail design!






If you've been following me for a while now, you may have noticed that I have a bit of a habit of turning my jewelry into nail designs (but really who can help it when they look so pretty?). This year's addition to that trend is slightly different in that only one nail is directly inspired by the necklace. While my original plan had been to do tree branches on all of the nails, I decided halfway through that I wanted a little bit more contrast in the design. I thought plain, solid black would be too boring, so I went with a shimmery black polish from GOSH to make it a bit more interesting. 
I also used striping tape in this design, something that's typically not my style since I've had some frustrations with it in the past (notably in one of my Halloween designs from last year where I tried to make coffins with it, and in my SNSD You Think design where I had the bright idea of trying to connect jump rings via striping tape). I think simplicity is probably the key with using striping tape in a design, as I didn't have any issues with it this time around!





Products Used:
CND - Clear Topcoat
Essie - Licorice
GOSH - Night Sky
OPI - Push and Shove
Reeves Acrylic Paint in Black (mixed with water to create the background effect on the white parts of the nails)
Silver Striping Tape [x] and 1.2/2mmSilver Studs [x] from BPS

xo,
Becca.

2 comments: