Friday, June 02, 2017

Rose Quartz

I'm jumping on the rose quartz nail trend with this delicate look inspired by @nailsbyjema's tutorial!






This technique is super easy and is so pretty and wearable.
It was a bit of a coincidence that I had the right kind of polish to use for this technique: the basic steps consist of layering sheer pink polish and white acrylic paint and I just so happened to have swatched this light pink polish from CND recently and found out that while it looks like a creme polish it's actually very thin. I had been skeptical of the polish when I first swatched it and had used three thick layers to try to make it opaque without a ton of success, but I've definitely changed my opinion of it when it's used in a design like this!

(This polish, CND Candycade, is part of CND's Carnival Collection and the full post with swatches of the entire collection will hopefully be up within the next few weeks - I'm so behind with swatching collections it's insane >.<)





Such a pretty technique and definitely one I want to do again soon!

Products Used:
CND - Candycade
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Reeves Acrylic Paint (Titanium White)

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment