Sunday, April 02, 2017

Peanuts

Hey guys! 
A little while ago I received a purple holo polish from Born Pretty Store to review, and after I swatched it I decided to add a design over top of it for spring!




The polish is called "Magnificent Time." I thought the formula went on very well and one coat basically gave me full coverage (though I did use two coats for the swatch).
One thing I was surprised about was how wide the brush is for this polish. It was wider than I think any other polish brush I've used and it was almost too wide for my pinky nail. If you have very thin nail beds this might be something to consider before investing in this polish.
I wore this polish for a few days and I thought it started chipping rather quickly, even with my regular HK Girl topcoat. While I'm on the topic of topcoat, I forgot that putting topcoat over holo polishes sometimes makes the polish look less holographic which is definitely what happened here (the holo shift was much more noticeable pre-topcoat). Unfortunately I had already put topcoat on before taking pictures, but trust me that it looked way more holographic before that.
I did really like the colour though, so if you're looking for something pretty and sparkly without being too in your face then this could be the polish for you!





One bottle of this polish is usually US$19.99, but as I'm writing this review it's currently priced at US$9.99 - which is much more reasonable for the product in my opinion. If you want to try this polish out for yourself you can find it here, (and don't forget you can use my code FHX31 for 10% off your order!)

Once I had finished up with the swatch pics I wanted to add a design over top of the polish. I wasn't completely sure what I wanted to do and I had been considering just adding some roses which I saw a super cute Snoopy and Woodstock print on Pinterest that I thought would be just perfect for a nail design!


Click image for source.

Products Used:
BPS - Magnificent Time
CND - Be Demure
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Maybelline - Fierce N Tangy
Sally Hansen - White On

xo,
Becca.

2 comments:

  1. The color is beautiful. I love Snoopy so your nail art is close to my heart ♥

    ReplyDelete