Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Make Me Colourful

I feel like I've been doing a lot of darker designs lately but I'm changing that today with this super bright, neon, rainbow design!





One of my favourite things about summer is breaking out my neon polishes and doing really bright, fun designs! After doing a few dark designs and then swatching CND's fall collection (swatches coming soon!) I was desperately in need of some neon nails, so I grabbed as many neon polishes as possible and got to work!

I love, love, love the way the index and pinky fingers turned out with the negative space x rainbow gradient! It was really easy to do too; all you need to do is stick on some striping tape, put some liquid latex on the edges of your nails and your fingers and then just follow the steps of a regular gradient!

The splatter nails were really fun to do as well, as splatter nails always are. The nail on the middle finger didn't come out quite as planned because the pink and then the yellow both came out in larger globs than usual, but I guess that's the charm of techniques like this: they're kind of unpredictable!




I wish my camera captured the neon better; this design is SO bright in real life, the pictures really don't do it justice.

Products Used:
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - I'm Addicted
Essie - Vices Versa
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Maybelline - Fierce n Tangy
Quo by Orly - Hey Girl!

Sally Hansen - White On

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment