Sunday, April 17, 2016

NAFW2016 Day 7: Fall 2016 Runway Nail Art

It's already the last day of Fashion Week!
Like last year, I wanted to end the challenge with a bang so for inspiration I once again turned to Libertine and the CND Design Lab. They definitely did not disappoint with their designs this year including this fun, furry one!




Yep, that's right, my nails are furry! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a valid excuse to actually try this off-the-wall nail trend for myself!
Shout-out to Michael's Craft Store for stocking fake fur so that I could do these nails!

The fur had originally been longer (as you can see in the first collage) but it was a pain trying to take pictures in my regular poses with the fur like that since all the nails just ended up looking like one big collective piece of fur. So, to make sure the nails still looked somewhat recognizable, I decided to trim the fur so that it was more in the shape of my actual nails.



Even though this look is completely impractical for everyday wear it was a super fun experiment and the fur is actually not as much of a hindrance as you might think (I actually ate pizza with these on when the fur was still long!).

It's been a pleasure to participate in Nail Art Fashion Week again this year and I've loved seeing all the creativity from all the artists who partook in the event!

I'll have one final roundup post for #NAFW2016 tomorrow so stay tuned!

Products Used:
CND - Weekly Topcoat

Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat

Sally Hansen - White On
White Craft Fur (from Michael's)

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment