Saturday, November 14, 2015

Lightsaber

How awesome is exo's collaboration with Star Wars for The Force Awakens?! I was pretty excited to hear about it because a) I'm always up for more music from exo and b) any excuse to do galaxy nails is always welcome! 







To be completely honest, when I heard that exo was going to be collaborating with Star Wars on a track called "Lightsaber," even though I was excited, I really thought it was going to be a mess. It was definitely a pleasant surprise when the mv and audio turned out to be so cool and catchy!

While the mv didn't particularly give me much to go on in terms of a nail design, I did manage to work something out by using the song's album art and the poster for the Star Wars movie as inspiration:



As you guys probably know, I really love galaxy print so I was pretty happy to have an excuse to do another set of galaxy nails. Even though I sometimes worry that doing galaxy designs will start to get repetitive - because how can painting outer space really change that much from design to design - I'm always so pleased to see the diversity in my designs (compare this one to Shine Like Stars or I Need Some (More) Space - each have completely different feels!).





I'm still in a calm-between-storms period at Uni so I happened to have enough time to film a tutorial for this design as well!




(You can check out my other EXO designs here!)
Products Used:
Essie - Aruba Blue
Essie - Blanc
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - I'm Addicted
Essie - Licorice
Essie - Private Weekend
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
LA Colors - Black Sparkles
OPI - Push and Shove
Reeves Acrylic Paint (Medium Yellow)

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment