Saturday, October 31, 2015

Bite Me

Phew, I managed to get a second Halloween design in before the end of October!
This one is a little darker than the ghosts, but I think it's equally awesome!




Don't these look so cool?? I've been thinking about doing something with the bite marks ever since I did my Taylor Swift Bad Blood nails last summer. The technique I used was pretty similar, but this time when the polish wasn't quite dry yet I used a toothpick to clear two little craters in the polish for the bite marks. I think it gave them a nice depth!

For the vampire mouth, I used this picture (which I found on Google and can't find a source for) for inspiration:



I also obviously needed something vampy to go with my vampire manicure, so I went for a classic blood-red to black gradient and added these awesome spike crowns to give it a bit more of an edge.




It's a shame that these didn't quite match my costume for Halloween (like at all; I was a penguin), but I'm definitely happy with how they turned out!

I hope you all had a lovely Halloween!



Product Used:
Ciaté - Dangerous Affair
Ciaté - Doll Face
Essie - Blanc
Essie - Dress to Kilt
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
HK Girl - Clear Topcoat
Sally Hansen - Diamonds and Rubies

Sally Hansen - Eel Skin

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment