Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Shine Like Stars

I think we all need to take a minute to appreciate how gorgeous this necklace that I picked up at a street festival last week is! *-* I knew as I was buying it that I wanted to make a nail design to go with it and voila! Here is the end result!








The street festival I went to is arguably the largest annual arts festival my city holds and as I was browsing all of the stalls set up by local artists I stumbled across one that was selling these super adorable necklaces (as well as other jewelry) and just had to buy it along with the matching set of earrings!



I have such a weak spot for galaxy nails; once you get the hang of them they're so easy to do and they always look awesome! For some reason whenever I do galaxy nails I never really get a chance to wear them for long because I'm trying to get a bunch of designs done in a short period of time, so it was really nice to be able to keep these gorgeous nails for a whole week!

I've never done a straight blue galaxy design before - the last time I did a blue-based galaxy I added pink into it - and I really like how it turned out! Very pretty and not too busy. I also like the large stars that I did on the index and ring fingers; I think they look really cool and I'll definitely be doing that kind of star again for future galaxy designs!





If you couldn't already tell, I'm very pleased with how this design turned out!

If you're interested in the necklace itself, it's from Birch & Blossom Jewelry Co. which is a local business that carries handmade jewelry and accessories! You can check out their Etsy store here, and their Facebook page here.

Products Used:
Essie - Aruba Blue
Essie - Blanc
Essie - Good As Gold
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Private Weekend
Essie - Style Cartel
HK Girl - Clear Top Coat
Nicole by OPI - Make A Comet-ment

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment