Thursday, March 12, 2015

NAFW2015 Day 4: Fashion Trend

The prompt for day four of Fashion Week was to focus on a fashion trend. I don’t usually keep up with runway trends but after looking through this gallery I decided to focus on the trend of fairytale-like designs!




The Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2014-2015 Collection was full of delicate, nature-inspired designs featuring flowers and woodland creatures including this super cute little fox! I had a hard time deciding which outfit in this collection to focus on but in the end the little fox faces and the tweed material won me over.

When I decided on this sweater I was really excited to make the base for the design and even though the foxes and roses are cute, the tweed print is definitely my favourite part of this design.

To create this look I started off with a light grey base and then used the dry brush technique (getting as much of the polish off of the bottle-brush as possible and then using quick strokes to paint onto the nail) with first a white polish and then a black one. I meant to take photos of the base before adding the design over top but I forgot to. Whoops. You can still see the base pretty well in the photos though, and I love it!



I was so excited when I remembered I have a fox ring - it matches this design perfectly!
I was originally planning on doing more detailed, realistic flowers for this design, but due to time constrains and my reluctance to bring any more colours into this design I decided to go simpler with roses reminiscent of a manicure I did last week (which seems so long ago after doing all of these new designs this week, haha!).

Tomorrow's theme is Fashion Blogger/Style Icon! 
I can't wait to see everyone's wonderful, crazy, creative designs for tomorrow!

Products Used:
Ciaté - Cabaret
Cult - Catalina
Essie - Dress to Kilt
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Licorice
Essie - The More The Merrier
Essie - Recessionista
Sally Hansen - Eel Skin
Sally Hansen - White On
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment