Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Need Some Space

Remember how in my last post I warned you that you'd soon be seeing some galaxy nails from me? Well the time has come! One of my unofficial goals for 2015 was to figure out how to create more realistic-looking galaxy nails and I think I have accomplished this feat only 18 days into the year!






Using this super helpful tutorial from Lacquerstyle I realized that the trick to realistic galaxy nails is to go easy on the white polish and to use dark/neon colours for the galaxy. It's also a good idea to start with a shimmer/sparkle base (which I usually do for galaxy nails) because it does most of the work in terms of stars!




Also as you may have already noticed from the pictures, I have almond shaped nails now! I suffered a bad break on the index finger of my Cinderella hand a few days ago and I took it as a sign that it was time to change nails shapes. Actually, if I'm being honest it was probably less of a sign and more of me internally debating over filing down my square nails for a good half hour before actually taking the plunge. It's so weird having almond nails again - I've had square nails for almost 8 months and I haven't had almond nails since 2013! Changing my nail shape almost feels like I'm changing my identity lol. Nevertheless I'm really happy with the new shape and I think it looks awesome with the galaxy design!




I definitely still have room for improvement with the galaxy (I think I should make the pink and purple a little more opaque next time so they stand out more), but I think it's a definite improvement over my galaxy designs in the past:



Just to forewarn you all, this might not be the last you see of these nails. It's so unlike me to just have a plain base like this so there's a very good chance I'll be adding something more on top!

Products Used:
Cult - Dogtown
Essie - Bottle Service
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
L.A. Colors - Black Sparkles
Sally Hansen - White On
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

2 comments:

  1. This nail shape looks great on you! And the galaxy design is also gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      So glad to hear you like the new shape and the design! ^^

      Delete