Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Holiday Houndstooth

It's my first holiday design of the year! I feel like I'm a little behind with my holiday manicures but exam season started last Friday so I've been studying a lot and haven't had much time for anything else (even though I would have much preferred pouring over nail polish colour choices than accounting notes).

This design is mostly an excuse to try out a new polish that I picked up, Glametal by Ciaté.






Maybe it's just me, but I think the kind of muted gold shimmer of Glametal is perfect for the holidays - not sure why, but it just works for me.
And since we're on the subject, here's a macro shot of the polish so you can see that awesome shimmer up close:




I was originally just going to leave the the gold solid with no design on it, but I felt like the design was really disjointed - the nails with the houndstooth just didn't go with the gold since there were no common colours in them. After some debate I ended up adding the holly and berries which I think helped a bit; however, I still don't think this is really my best work, it's just kind of meh.




Ah well, I have another design already planned so hopefully that'll come out better!

Products Used:
Ciaté - Glametal
Essie - Dress to Kilt
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Essie - Ruffles & Feathers
Essie - Vices Versa
Essie - Waltz
OPI - Glitter Off Base Coat
Revlon - Meteor
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment