Monday, August 25, 2014

Then and Now: Scaled Down

Hello, hello! I've been gone for a week but for good reason: my cousin was getting married in Scotland and I was at the wedding!
My best friend let me borrow her prom dress for the wedding and I accessorized with black and gold; obviously my nails needed to match!







That last picture is with the belt I wore with the dress - the nails look good with it, don't they?

But yes, this is actually the second time I've done this design, the first time being in March of last year (has it really been that long?). Doing it this time, it seems like such a simple and straightforward design (read: repetitive), but even with the relative simplicity I've definitely improved a lot from last year.



I think it looks better with the square nail shape too.

One other little story about these nails while I'm here, I was trying on some clothes at a Primark in Scotland (the prices there are awesome, most other stores seem so expensive with the dollars to pounds exchange rate!) and the girls at the change rooms were super impressed with my nails and told me that I should definitely be doing nails for a living. It kind of made my day, they were super sweet!
(And a girl at another store told me my accent was lovely so there's that too)

I also did my cousin's nails for the wedding! Pictures of those should be coming soon, (they're pretty awesome, I can't wait to show you!).

Products Used:
Essie - 720 Licorice
Essie - 941 Good as Gold
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

xo,
Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment