Friday, June 27, 2014

Pineapple Breeze






I seem to have decided that the beginning of summer means I need to do a ton of fruit-inspired manicures. Not sure when that decision was made but I'll go with it.

The fruit of the moment today is the pineapple! My inspiration for this, aside from the fruit itself is this lovely illustration, (you can find the source by clicking on the picture):


Pretty, right?
The original obviously far outshines my manicure but in my defense it's ridiculously hard trying to get watercolors to cooperate on nails (because there's so much water it beads and just kind of follows the brush around without sticking..)
However, for all the aggravation it causes, I love using watercolors sometimes because they can give a unique feeling in a manicure.

Products Used:
Ceramic Glaze - Pinapple Breeze
Essie - 008 Blanc
Essie - Grow Stronger Base Coat
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat
Sephora by OPI - Matte Top Coat
Pentel Watercolors

xo,
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment