Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sochi Winter Olympics 2014




The Sochi Olympic Games just came to a close but what games they were! All of the athletes were so impressive and they made it fun for all of us at home. From the slopes to the ice rinks I'm sure all of the athletes have made their respective countries very proud. As a Canadian I can't even say how proud I am of all of our athletes and how proud I am to be Canadian.
Congratulations to all of the athletes, whether you placed or not you did your best and made these games something special.

As for my nails, while this design is specifically for the Sochi Olympics, it is a bit of a throwback to the design I did for the London Summer Olympics in 2012:


I've definitely improved a lot since then, my Sochi design is something that I wouldn't have even been able to consider doing two years ago. I'm most impressed by how much the maple leaf has improved, a feat I've been working on since having to repeatedly draw the flag in grade school.

Also, in case you're curious, I decided to show a bit of a behind-the-scenes look at how I (sometimes) plan out my nail designs:


It also goes to show that even pre-planned designs change a little in the execution. I hadn't meant to have the Olympic Rings so small or high up but it happened that way and I decided to roll with it and it turned out better than I had originally planned!

I hope you all enjoyed the games as much as I did! Can't wait to be able to do another design for Rio in 2016 and the Pyeongchang in 2018!

Products Used:
Ciaté - 074 Big Yellow Taxi
Essie - 846 After School Blazer
Essie - 922 Mojito Madness
Essie - 941 Good as Gold
Essie - Grow Stonger Base Coat
Maybelline - 390 Audacious Asphalt
Sally Hansen - 130 Blue Me Away!
Sally Hansen - 300 White On
Sally Hansen - 360 Diamonds & Rubies
Sally Hansen - 370 Black Out
Seche Vite - Quick Dry Top Coat

- Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment