Sunday, June 30, 2013

Coffee Shop

It seems like it's just one comeback after another these days!
This week's muse happens to be B.A.P.'s music video for their new single Coffee Shop. If you haven't heard the song or seen the MV yet you should go check it out. The music video is just so aesthetically pleasing, (I wanted to put every scene on my nails), and the song itself is really pretty!





This was an interesting manicure to do for a couple of reasons.
First, I had the worst time with the coffee cups on my index and pinkie fingers. I was originally going to use acrylics and have them slightly larger but that didn't turn out as planned so I had to reevaluate and I ended up with the above design.

Second is the coffee stains which are, admittedly, my favourite part of this design. To create the coffee stain effect I used watercolours, first staining the white slightly with a small bit of brown and then using very watered down brown to get the coffee circles.
I've seen a few people wondering about how to do this so I may consider making a little tutorial in the near future.

Now that I've bored you with stories of my nail art process, if you'd like to see the scenes I used for inspiration as well as the products that went into this manicure all you have to do is check under the cut by clicking the "Read More" button!


These are the scenes I used to create each nail.



I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but this clock has the wrong Roman Numeral for the number 4 so I took it upon myself to fix it for the sake of my manicure.

And here are the products I used:


Revlon - 955 Quick Dry Base Coat

Rimmel London - 100 Base & Top Coat

Sally Hansen - 300 White On
Quo by Orly - 59701 Black
Sephora - Matte Top Coat
Essie - 941 Good as Gold
Essie - 624 Mink Muffs
Essie - 680 Master Plan
Pentel Water Colors

~ Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment